Tomorrow, May 30th, marks one year since I decided Fridays were for stories. One year since I made the commitment that every Friday I would post something – anything – creative. Crafted with my words, from my hands, and delivered to you on Fridays.
I’ve loved this.
It has been challenging and rewarding. The first challenge was (and still is) trying to explain what the hell this thing is. I’ve tried to describe it a few different ways:
- “I try to tell stories every Friday.” But then it wasn’t just stories.
- “I share a written piece on Friday.” But then I wasn’t just sharing my writing.
- “It’s a lifestyle blog?” Not really.
- “It’s a living resume for my creativity.” Oh, cool, let’s sound a little pretentious.
- “It’s my creative outlet to share with the world.” Ugh, this keeps getting worse.
It’s hard! I’m all over the place content-wise. To try to explain what ends up here is difficult because it’s stories and topics that I feel are new (or that at least my take on them is). I share when I feel something. Things catch my attention because they’re unique. Something stands out and I want to talk about it. I’m kind of doing my own thing and people have always seemed to be interested in that. I’m different and that’s okay.
I guess this is a celebration of that different perspective. …which is closer to the truth, but still doesn’t hit it on the head yet.
I have business cards I made up for the blog. They’re kind of cute.
I think this is it. The website is like my introduction to you. …That coupled with a feeling I’ve had since I’ve started:
“Hi, my name is Lauren. I don’t know what this is, but I’m proud of it.”